Wanting to have something that could kick-start my body in the morning, and help me on a path to continual healing, I created a great smoothie blend. It helps to wake you up, provide the best nutrients and aid with detoxing.
Here’s the recipe:
- Blueberries – quarter cup
- Spinach – couple of handfuls
- 1 Peach / nectarine or banana (as you prefer)
- Oats – half cup
- Linseed or flaxseed – 2 tbl sp
- Hempseed – 1 tbl sp
- Chia seed – 1 tbl sp
- Extra seeds if desire
- Nut butter – 1 tsp (can use almond butter or make your own. Mine is homemade cashew butter
- Almond milk or hemp drink – half cup
- Bottled water – whole cup
You can also add vitamin C powder and some bee pollen to boost your immunity!
It’s advisable to play around with the amount of liquid so you can get the consistency you want. I don’t like mine too thick.
Blitz it up, drink it down, and feel the wonderful nutrients enlivening your brain.
Feel free to share some of your favourite smoothie recipes on a comment below!