I love to make banana bread and because I’ve been cooking so much with cacao lately, I added it to my latest batch and it’s simply divine.
This loaf is wheat / gluten free and sugar free, only gaining the natural sweetness from the bananas. You can even make it vegan, by substituting the eggs for a mix of chia seeds and water. This creates a coagulated mixture, which is a great egg substitute.
- Mixing bowl
- Greased loaf tin
- 3 ripe bananas (best when squashy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup wheat/gluten free flour (I use doves farm)
- Half cup brown rice flour
- 1 sachet baking powder or half tsp
- 1 tbl sp cacao powder
- Quarter cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 tbl sp chia seeds
- 1 tbl sp linseed mix
- Sprinkle mixed spice or cinnamon
- Grease the tin
- Mash the bananas and then mix in the eggs
- Gradually fold in the flours and baking soda
- Then add the spice, cacao powder, nuts and seeds
- Add to the loaf tin
- Set oven to 200
- Cook for 40mins – 1hr
- When it’s raised, golden and an inserted knife comes out clean it’s done!
- Leave to cool slightly and serve with fruit or a spread of nut butter
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Leave me a comment below…