This curry is so easy and really warming and filling! You want to cook this in a super big pan if it’s not going in a slow cooker. This creates about 4/5 portions. You can add a couple of diced chicken breasts, if eating meat.
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 200grams red lentils
- 500ml veg stock,(normally 2/3 Kalo cubes)
- 3 tblsp mild or medium curry powder, (I like a mixture of both)
- Additional sprinklings of paprika, garlic salt, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, (make it as hot as you like).
- Salt and pepper
- Chop all the veg quite chunky
- Add it to the pan or slow cooker, (if cooking on the hob, you may need 200mls more stock.)
- Add the drained chickpeas and lentils and all the spices
- Stir occasionally
- It should take around 5/6hrs on high in slow cooker or 1.5hrs on the hob
- The potatoes and veg should be soft but still intact and there should be a thickish sauce created with the lentils
- Serve with pilau or wild rice with peas.
Enjoy this yummy curry!